Receive Dentures from Smile Zone Dental
If you’re located near the Canton & Fort Gratiot, MI areas and looking to invest in dentures, Smile Zone Dental is here to offer our professional support. We understand that our patients expect viable options when it comes to teeth replacement, and that’s why we provide a range of solutions to cater to your unique preferences. No matter your tooth-replacement needs, we can custom create dentures to ensure a high standard of performance and appearance. Learn more about our denture options and how we can completely revitalize your smile with our expertise.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are a prosthetic device made up of artificial gums and teeth that are fitted to a patient’s mouth to replace missing or removed natural teeth. Typically made from customized hard resin, we can create dentures that mimic your existing teeth’s exact look. There are two types of dentures to choose from:
- Complete – This denture-type can be either “conventional” or “immediate.” Conventional dentures require the teeth to be removed, and the gum tissue to be completely healed before sizing and placement can occur. Placement for conventional dentures typically takes place eight to 12 weeks after the teeth have been removed. Immediate dentures differ in that they can be placed as soon as the patient’s teeth are removed. This is due to immediate dentures being made in advance, so the wearer does not have to go without teeth for the allotted healing period associated with conventional options.
- Partial – Partial dentures are used when a patient is able to keep some of their natural teeth. A removable partial denture, or bridge, typically consists of artificial teeth attached to a gum-colored base. A fixed bridge is used to replace one or more teeth by placing crowns on the teeth and attaching artificial teeth to them. The bridge is then cemented in place to create a permanent installment.
When Should I Replace My Dentures?
Unfortunately, dentures don’t last forever and will need to be replaced over time. You can expect to invest in new dentures every five to 10 years, depending on various factors such as quality of care. So, how do you know when it’s time for a new set of dentures? The Smile Zone Dental team is here to give you a list of some tell-tale signs it’s time to consider a replacement. These include the following:
- Your dentures making it challenging to speak or chew
- Your dentures feel loose
- Your dentures fall out when you talk, eat, or laugh
- Your dentures are causing discomfort
- Your dentures are harming your gums
- Your dentures are chipped or broken
- Your dentures have a foul smell
- Your dentures have become discolored
Understanding Denture Maintenance
In order to keep your dentures in tip-top shape for as long as possible, it’s crucial to understand proper maintenance protocols surrounding these artificial teeth. No matter what dentures you have, they will need to be cleaned daily just as you care for your natural teeth every day. Tartar, plaque, and bacteria will still build up even with no teeth, which can eventually cause damage to your gums. To care for your dentures, you will need to remember the following maintenance tips:
- Remove them daily and run them under lukewarm water to help dislodge any leftover food particles.
- Brush your dentures with a soft-bristled toothbrush using denture cleaner or mild soap (do not use anything else to clean your dentures without a dentist’s approval).
- Be sure to rinse thoroughly after cleaning to ensure your dentures are clear of cleaner or residue.
- While your dentures are out of your mouth, be sure to gently brush all surfaces of your gums with a mild toothpaste.
- Always remember to remove your dentures so you can give your gums time to breathe.
- Once removed, submerge your dentures into warm water to keep them from drying out and potentially cracking or becoming misshapen.
- Keep your dentures in a safe place when not in your mouth, as these prosthetics can be fragile and are prone to chipping or breaking if dropped.
Would I Benefit from Dentures?
If you are missing multiple teeth and wish to revitalize your smile, dentures may be the perfect solution for you. Not only will dentures improve the aesthetics of your appearance and increase your confidence, but they also work to keep the structure of your mouth and face supported. Without proper support, your face can begin to cave in due jawbone deterioration. Dentures also make it possible to chew with ease, ensuring you can properly digest your foods and get the nourishment you need to stay healthy. If you have missing teeth or teeth that are causing you pain, you can safeguard your oral health by investing in dentures. With these strong and real-looking faux teeth, you will be able to smile brighter knowing you are catering to your overall health and wellbeing.
Call Smile Zone Dental Now to Learn More!
If you’re an Eastern Michigan resident looking to invest in dentures, Smile Zone Dental is here to offer superior customer care and affordable restorative options. We can create custom dentures to meet your exact oral and aesthetic needs so you can feel confident flashing your new smile to everyone you pass. Don’t let missing teeth tear down your confidence or wreak havoc on your oral health. Contact our team today to schedule your appointment, and we will fill you in on the entire process so you can make an informed decision. We look forward to helping you improve your health and wellness with our personalized denture solutions.
Contact Us Today!
Learn More About Our Dental Specials